Sunday, September 20, 2015

Mabon Blog Hop; What Does Mabon Mean to ME?

Blog Before Me                                  Master Link                              Blog After Me

Mabon is the Second Harvest, the time when what has been grown and harvested comes to fruition. The King of Cups is here, relaxing over his mead, the fruits of his many months of labor. For him it is a time of celebration and rejoicing. So he sits serene, contemplating his harvest, knowing that what he has produced with give joy and comfort to his winter.






Blog Before Me               Master List                     Blog After Me

6 comments:

  1. Very nice image! I used to do some wine-making so the carboys and airlocks bring back some pleasant memories. I like how the idea of him making the wine (not just having grapes around) focuses in on the meaning of mastery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've brewed some mead myself so this had some personal connection. I've got my own version of an orange spiced mead that I'll try to find the recipe for. Has to mellow at least a year but it's awesome after that. Thanks for the picture of harvest and abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple yet such a meaningful card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dolphin peeping out from behind the elbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I had mead once long ago and have been thinking about it a lot lately. Someday I might try to make my own, but for now I think I'll settle for a bottle from the market. Thanks for reminding me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how similar our perspectives were, though I noticed the grapes on the traditional RWS King of Pentacles' robes... Love your mead-brewing King :)

    ReplyDelete